Duration, audience, language
- Duration: 45-90 minutes.
- Format: in-person, live-virtual or hybrid.
- Target audience: leaders & professionals at all levels.
- Language: English or French.
Change is essentially a political game. In order to succeed, transformation leaders must work with and through the politics of change in a very effective manner. However, there is a big difference between “dark-side” and “light-side” politics.
In this highly dynamic and interactive keynote, Edmond tells the story of how a mentor got him to realize the true nature of change leadership and, more importantly, embrace light-side politics™. That day paved the way for his 30 years of success with strategic transformations.
In the second part of the keynote, Edmond illustrates light-side politics™ through a real-world case: a major digital transformation with nasty internal dynamics! Through the vivid story, Edmond introduces a special tool to work with and through the politics of change. He brings to life six personas: Campaigner; Helper; Foot Dragger; Torpedo; Skeptic; and the tricky and highly political Wind Watcher…
Edmond delivers this keynote with the passion, humour and engaging style that are his trademarks.
- Discuss the critical importance of politics when driving change and how to ethically plunge into it.
- Learn how to use a proven tool for light-side politics™.
- Get inspired to multiply your effectiveness as a transformation leader!
Related episode from the #NimbleVlog
Edmond shares the story of how he realized that change leadership is essentially a political game. He discusses the difference between “dark-side” and “light-side” politics; and stresses the importance of engaging in the latter in order to successfully execute change…
Excerpt from a live-virtual version of this keynote
Edmond discusses the agenda at the start of his presentation to the CIO Association of Canada…
Other keynotes by Edmond Mellina
For anyone impacted by change
For change makers i.e. anyone working on transforming the organization
- The Six Change Personas™ – Multiplying our resilience and impact as change makers
- The Emotional Case™ – How to build a movement for change like Greta Thunberg
- Light-side Politics™ – How to use internal politics ethically when leading change
- Co-disruptors™ – What it takes to successfully disrupt from within
For C-Suite executives & corporate directors
- From Sluggish to Nimble™ – Disrupt change management to win in today’s fast-paced world
- Three Integrated Thrusts™ – Transform the business and its culture while executing the strategy