Duration, audience, language
- Duration: 45-90 minutes.
- Format: in-person, live-virtual or hybrid.
- Target audience: leaders & professionals at all levels.
- Language: English or French.
Change is essentially a political game. In order to succeed, transformation leaders must work with and through the politics of change in a very effective manner. However, there is a big difference between “dark-side” and “light-side” politics.
In this highly dynamic and interactive keynote, Edmond tells the story of how a mentor got him to realize the true nature of change leadership and, more importantly, embrace light-side politics™. That day paved the way for his 30 years of success with strategic transformations.
In the second part of the keynote, Edmond illustrates light-side politics™ through a real-world case: a major digital transformation with nasty internal dynamics! Through the vivid story, Edmond introduces a special tool to work with and through the politics of change. He brings to life six personas: Campaigner; Helper; Foot Dragger; Torpedo; Skeptic; and the tricky and highly political Wind Watcher…
Edmond delivers this keynote with the passion, humour and engaging style that are his trademarks.
- Discuss the critical importance of politics when driving change and how to ethically plunge into it.
- Learn how to use a proven tool for light-side politics™.
- Get inspired to multiply your effectiveness as a transformation leader!
Clip – Related episode from the #NimbleVlog
Edmond shares the story of how he realized that change leadership is essentially a political game. He discusses the difference between “dark-side” and “light-side” politics; and stresses the importance of engaging in the latter in order to successfully execute change…
Clip – Virtual version of this keynote
Edmond discusses the agenda at the start of his presentation to the CIO Association of Canada…
Keynotes by Edmond Mellina
For leaders & professionals at all levels
- The Emotional Case™ – How to build a movement for change like Greta Thunberg
- Light-side Politics™ – How to use internal politics ethically when leading change
- Co-disruptors™ – What it takes to successfully disrupt from within
For C-Suite Executives & Corporate Directors
- From Sluggish to Nimble™ – Disrupt change management to win in today’s fast-paced world
- Three Integrated Thrusts™ – Transform the business and its culture while executing the strategy